Monday, June 8, 2009

Apple WWDC 2009

In two hours, we'll know the specs on the third-generation iPhone....I think.

I think we'll probably get a 16GB version and a 32GB version. I'm doubtful on the 4GB version.

I think we'll get a better camera, and it will record video. I don't think they'll be a forward-facing camera for video-calls.

I think the processor and the RAM will both be improved.

I think we'll get a compass. I hope we get an FM transmitter.

I don't think they'll go to the rubber backing, or install a glowing Apple, or switch to OLED.

I do think the battery performance will be better.

I think they'll probably announce an estimate on Snow Leopard's release. (e.g. 1st Quarter 2010)

We might hear something about 3G coming to the MacBook, but I think WWDC will be all about iPhone and Snow Leopard this year.

-----

The big announcement I would love? Apple Tablet.

I want something that's bigger than an iPhone, but smaller than a MacBook (and cheaper). This niche is currently occupied by Netbooks. Apple could flip the paradigm with one announcement. I just don't think that announcement will come today.

No comments:

Post a Comment